Course Link - http://www.wiziq.com/course/71364-an-introduction-to-technical-analysis
THE COURSE IS A GROUP COURSE WITH MINIMUM OF 10 LEARNERS. WITHIN ONE MONTH OF FIRST ENROLLMENT, IF THE BATCH DOESN'T GET COMPLETED WE WILL ISSUE YOU COMPLETE REFUND.
Course Link (Currently closed, please contact us for registration) - CFT/CMT & Algorithmic Trading
Check Out This Page on our Website: http://qcfinance.in/cmt-level-1-course/
|1||Quantitative Approach to FX and Commodity Markets||(1 hr)|
|2||Basic Trading Strategies||(1 hr)|
|3||Reversal Patterns||(1 hr)|
|4||Advances in Trading Markets||(1 hr)|
|5||VWAP/TWAP, Risk Management in Trading||(1 hr)|
|6||Momentum Indicators||(1 hr)|
|7||Effects of Interest Rates on Stock Markets||(1 hr)|
|8||Trading Systems and Financial Risk Management||(1 hr)|
|9||Interlinkages between Global Markets||(1 hr)|
|10||Oscillators, Relative Strengths||(1 hr)|
|11||Revision/Extra session||(1 hr)|
- Learn about Algorithmic Trading & how it impacts Technical Analysis.
- Benefits professionals who are looking for CFT/CMT certification.
- New interpretation, terminologies & basic IQ for the subject covered.
- You get instructed by a teacher who is experienced & qualified.
- You will be able to view/download PPTs & class notes.
CFT or Certified Financial Technician Certification gives an International Professional Qualification in Technical Analysis.The exam is of Two levels & is designed to test the technical skill knowledge along with the understanding of ethics & market of the examinees.
Level I - A multiple choice test with 120 questions, testing mainly the technical knowledge.
Level II - A theoretical level in which essay based questions are asked requiring extensive technical as well as real life knowledge of the finance.
CMT or Chartered Market Technician Certification is very similar to the CFT Certification, wherein candidates are required to demonstrate proficiency in Technical Analysis. Unlike CFT, CMT consists of three levels, Level 1 & 2 consists of multiple choice questions while Level 3 consists of short answer type questions.
The objectives of the CMT Program are:
To professionalize in the field of Technical Analysis.
To promote High Ethical & Professional Standards.
To guide candidates in Mastering a Professional Body of knowledge.
Clearing all three levels of CMT helps a candidate become an International Professional Technical Analyst.
The course of these two certifications are almost similar & will be covered completely in the course.
Some features of the course:
- It is a duration based course of 2 months, total of 11 hours.
- 11 Live Interactive classes on Virtual classroom, 1 hour each. Participate in the real-time discussions with the instructor.
- Mostly the class will be held on weekends.
- Review & revise with recordings of all the classes any number of times.
- Learning aids: 25 PPTs, 3 Assessment Tests, 1 (formula sheet), 25 Online tests.
- Exam Fee - Level 1: US $ 500, Level 2: US $ 800
- 2.5 Hours with 120 questions.
- Focuses on 6 broad areas.
- Medium Difficulty.
- 4 choices out of which one is correct.
- No work experience is required.
- Less online resources.
Some important links & points relevant to CMT:
- 2 Hours, 135 Questions.
- 4 Choices, 1 correct.
- Easier exam compared to CFTe.
- Better online resource than CFTe.
- Work experience required.
Course Teacher: Shivgan Joshi (Shivgan@qcfinance.in, firstname.lastname@example.org).
Course Manager: Arpit (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
SOME ADDITIONAL DETAILS:
I came across them as I was looking at commodities where fundamentals are important for a long term, but for short terms technical analysis is more important. When we look at Gold, Forex, etc., then we realize the importance of technical analysis.
I will not say which one is better as both are good in different areas, rather I will talk on points that will help you to compare both the exams and understand how to use the exams to learn things and be an innovative person.
In CMT, the syllabus is referred as: Body of Knowledge which has hardcore Technical analysis work. I loved the syllabus of this exam as these things are readily applicable once a person is through with CFA and FRM exams which develops the breadth of knowledge for the exam. After reading CFA/FRM/Quant Finance this exam is something which fascinates me.
MTA seems to be bigger in terms of open source (they have a huge public library that contains free stuff) and contributions on internet if has made for new learners hence I personally like it more. CFT does not seems very attractive to me as for now, but it depends on various other factors, biggest being the syllabus that suites your requirements.
In India we have Association of Technical Analyst (TAI India) which conducts exam for Certified Technical Analyst (CTA), but I am not not sure if it given due value and respect or not. But for sure it is cost effective.
Conclusions from what I found:
- CMT community is more wide spread and more developed. Hence you will benefit more from CMT. However, keep in mind, knowledge is more important and in both case, you gain knowledge. Given the cost effectiveness and easier rules of CFTe, it also cannot be ruled out as a great preference.
- Some say that CMT holds more validity in USA while CFTe holds grip over Europe.
- CFT designation, a little lower regarded certificate in the professional world, since it has no work/sponsorship requirement. But if you have experience and money CFT would work.
- As per MTA we can do the tests and complete all 3 levels, however you can use the "CMT charter" after your name only when you have the respective 2/3 years of relevant experience. No such problems lies in CFT.
- The MTA recommends 100 hours of study for exam one, 140 hours for exam two and 160 hours for exam three.
- CMT Passing rate is aprox. 70%, CFT not given.
Course Link- CFT/CMT & Algorithmic Trading
One on One Customized Training:
qcfinance.in believes in personalized touch so that our clients are completely satisfied with our service. In this regard, we offer One on One Customized Training to our clients.
These trainings are provided on request by our clients & are customized according to their individual needs.
The course structure & timings for these training are highly flexible, classes are scheduled as per the convenience of our clients.
Contact Us for More details: email@example.com