Bloomberg Terminal for BAT test Prep Online Class
Bloomberg Terminal is a computer system that allows investors to access the Bloomberg data service. It provides real-time financial data, news feeds, messages along with the felicitation of trades.
Bloomberg charges around $24,000 a year for a single terminal subscription.
Bloomberg is currently the market leader in Providing financial data service with 315,000 subscribers.
Institutional investors are the typical customers of Bloomberg Terminal.
Bloomberg Terminal is compatible with the Excel program, thus becomes an important tool for those who work in financial sector.
Bloomberg also offers access to its users of the services from online & through mobile devices which is termed as "Bloomberg Anywhere" service.
Bloomberg Terminal Keyboard:
Function Keys on Bloomberg Terminal's Keyboard are substituted with market sector keys. Some of them are shown here:
- GOVT - government securities (US treasury and non-US)
- CORP - corporate debt
- MTGE - mortgage securities
- M-Mkt - money market
- MUNI - municipal debt
- PFD - preferred shares
- EQUITY - equity shares
- COMDTY - commodity markets
- INDEX - indexes
- CURNCY - currency markets
In our Wiziq Course on BAT, we will discuss various capabilities of Bloomberg Terminal. Some of them are as follows:
- News: Bloomberg Terminal offers real-time news updates from varied sources. One has to just type - "NEWS" in the search bar for accessing the most recent financial & non-financial news headlines from around the world.
News Feed Interface (Source: Investopedia)
- Equities: Bloomberg allows following facilities:
- To Search by name, exchange, country, etc. of the publicly traded equity shares.
- Equity menu allows users to view historical pricing on a stock.
- Compare equities side by side.
- Allowing screeners to screen for stocks using a multitude of metrics.
Along with many more functions........
Equity Menu (Source: Investopedia)
- Fixed Income: Bloomberg allows users to search for real-time data on fixed income securities. This includes corporate debt, municipal bonds & government bonds.
- Derivatives: Users can find real-time values for securities. Bloomberg also allows users to value hard-to-price derivatives.
Derivatives, using Historical Volatility (Source:Investopedia)
Also, it offers Swap Manger Tool which is a highly customized Swap pricing utility which allows users to input the parameters of a swap agreement & come up with an estimate for the value of that swap.
Swap Manager Tool (Source: Investopedia)
- Foreign Exchange: Users can view real-time rates of dozens of currencies.
These are just some of the features of Bloomberg Terminal that are discussed here. More such feature are discussed on the Bloomberg Assessment Test (BAT) prep course on Wiziq.
Join our Bloomberg Aptitude Test Prep course (http://www.wiziq.com/course/7526-bloomberg-assessment-test-bat-exam-prep) & get 15% discount. Ask for discount code, e-mail:- email@example.com.
Methodology: Go to link and answer the questions below each link.
Links to check terminal images used in the classes:
One on One Customized Training:
qcfinance.in believes in personalized touch so that our clients are completely satisfied with our service. In this regard, we offer One on One Customized Training to our clients.
These Trainings are provided on request by our clients & are customized according to their individual needs.
The course structure & timings for these training are highly flexible, classes are scheduled as per the convenience of our clients.
Contact Us for More details: firstname.lastname@example.org.